Today, Harris and I had some father/son time while the girls went out and purchased a new sunday outfit for Liv.
Harris absolutely loves dinosaurs, he always has. His favorite books have always been fact books on dinosaurs. He likes stories (Dr. Suess etc.) but absoutely loves to sit and hear facts about all sorts of dinos. His favorite is a little known carnivorous biped named Coelophysis. Why exactly he has picked this as his favorite I don't know, but he always picks it out in the various dinosaur books we have. I wonder why he shuns the more "commercial" dinosaurs like T-rex and Stegosaurus and think this may indicated some sort of tendency to root for the underdog.
Anyway, Harris and I spent the majority of the morning reading various facts about dinosaurs and decided to spend the afternoon at one of Harris' favorite locations, "The North American Museum of Ancient Life". For those of you that don't know, this museum is a huge dinosaur museum in a local location called Thanksgiving Point. We did many cool things at the museum today; we ate lunch at their cafe (Harris had dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets), we viewed the various fossils, we spent some time in their erosion exhibit where Harris got the chance to play with sand and water, (see below)

and he also had the chance to "dig" for fossils in the fossil dig exhibit. (see below)
We had a great time. I love being able to spend some one-on-one time with the boy. (I am currently in the planning phase for a daddy/daughter date, more on that to come)
Once we finished up at the museum we weren't done yet. Thanksgiving Point is also hosting a seasonal attraction called, "Cornbelly's". Cornbelly's main attraction is a huge corn maze shaped like David Archuleta (awesome, I know) but also has lots of things for kids to do like this giant jumping pillow thing (see below)
And this crazy room chock full of popcorn kernels (again, see below)
Yip, an ocean of dried corn...
Anyway, by the end of the day (around 3 in the afternoon) Harris was exhausted. The problem was that we still hadn't done the actual maze yet (you know, the main attraction) and I was quite determined that we do it (heaven forbid I wouldn't get the chance to get lost somewhere in Archie's left nostril...). So, this final photo I offer to you was the reaction I got from Harris and will officially end this post, enjoy.
1 comment:
When my sister and I went through the corn maze we had to have a corn cop help us out!! Looks like a great day1
Jaime-sorry my texts were short today. I was driving with Griffin in the car who was screaming in pain and totally freaking me out. Man I hope this sickness ends soon!!
Post a Comment