Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Johnson's and Rock Band

So tonight the fam went to the Johnson's for authentic Navajo Tacos and to play Rock Band. Jeff Johnson has been Chet's best friend since sophomore year in high school, and Whitney his wife is Navajo. Since Chet and I started dating in high school, I have also been friends with Jeff, he's the brother that I never had. I remember in high school there were times when Jeff and I would hang out while Chet was working. After hanging out a couple of times we had to tell people that we were brother and sister because there were several people that told Chet that I was cheating on him with his best friend! High school is sooo dramatic! Anyways, back to tonight, we had a great time! Whitney made authentic Navajo flat bread from scratch! She has to buy special flour in Salt Lake to make them. They were delicious. After we ate we played Rock Band. It took a while to get it set up because the guitar wouldn't sync with the game for some reason. We finally gave up on the guitar and just had drums and vocals. Harris wanted to play the guitar, even though it was broken, Liv sang along to Paramore and Chet played the drums. I was the designated picture taker, which I was fine with. When the kids had had their fill, Chet and Jeff played along to Thirty Seconds to Mars. Chet on vocals and Jeff on drums. It was HILARIOUS! I got some awesome video of Chet doing his best Jered Leto impression, but have been threatened to be cut off financially if I post it. I will post an awesome picture instead. Thanks for a fantastic night guys! Lets do it again soon.

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

Cut off financially! Lame! What are you, chickin?? You know he loves you too much to really do it... Speaking of, I loved your annual post brother! I will be wanting to read your blog, so let me know when you start it up!

Tonia said...

Brendan won Rock Band at his Karate class. I had no idea what we were in for when he brought it home. I didn't like it at first, but after playing the drums, I have had a great time with my boys! Your pumpkins are amazing!!!! I wish ours turned out that cute!

Kenley said...

Rock Band parties are the greatest!

To bad its on a Wii!