Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sisters

Last weekend my wonderful sisters and darling niece flew down for visit. It was so much fun having them here! We spent most of our time just hanging out and talking. Chet said we were like hens because we were "clucking" so much! Here is a recap of our fabulous weekend:

The first order of business was lunch. I took them to a very popular place here called Flying Star Cafe. They have lots of yummy food but their breakfasts are to die for! However none of us got breakfast, either way it was delicious!


Friday morning after I took the kids to school I came home and got Jann so that she could go for a run. That meant Linz got some quality time with Aubry before her morning nap. Isn't she the cutest baby?!


Chillaxin with Auntie Lindsay


When Jann got back from running we put Aubry down for a nap and headed out to the pool for some relaxation time. It was so nice to just sit with them and relax. Usually the pool is filled with kids and the dog so it isn't very relaxing. When Aubry finally woke up we were still sitting pool side so Jann brought her down so she could swim too. Jann forgot Aubry's bathing suit but we figured she would be fine with just a swimmie. She loved it!!! 


Aubzy and Auntie Lindsay skinny dippin' Swimmin'

That night we took them all to dinner at an authentic Mexican restaurant in Corrales called Casa Vieja. It's a little tiny hole in the wall that is inside an old church (from like the 1800's). And supposedly the church is haunted by the priests that are buried in the walls! How creepy is that?! It's a good thing their food is amazing or I don't think I would eat there. ;)


In the courtyard at Casa Viaja


They are famous for their green chili chicken enchiladas. They are huge! So Chet and I split one and Jann and Lindsay split one. 


The great debate: Red or Green


Dessert! A fresh doughnut plate! Seriously the best things I have EVER eaten!!!


Dinner was amazing!

After dinner we headed home to put the kiddos to bed. After all the kids were sleeping the adults headed out to the hot tub for a little more relaxing.

Saturday was much like Friday in that we spent lots of time by the pool and eating lots of yummy food.


You can't enjoy sitting in the sun without some liquid refreshment. Hard to tell we are sisters. ;)

Love my sisters!


Auntie Linz  and Harris


Linz attempting to throw Liv


Jann getting a tan while reading on dad's her Kindle
 When we were done swimming we got ready to go to dinner at Tucanos for Chet's birthday. One of Chet's birthday presents was a gaming table with ping pong, air hockey, and pool. So while some of us were getting ready the others played some games.


Some serious competition. Just look at the concentration on their faces! ;)
 Dinner was so yummy. I love Tucanos!


Awwwww


During dinner Aubry grabbed the lemon from Chet's water glass and started sucking on it. She didn't quite know what to think of it. But it was sure cute to watch.



Tucanos is right in the heart of downtown so on the walk back to the car Linz wanted to stop and look at one of the fresco's on the side of the building.


On the way home from dinner Jann was dying to go see the Rio Grande. She didn't think that seeing it from the freeway was good enough so we drove to a park that has a walking path to it. It was a pleasant walk except for the mosquitos that were eating us alive!

Halfway down the path it ended and was just sand so to make sure we were headed the right way Chet pulled out his iPhone and checked the GPS.


Multitasking

We made it!
(I know, I should have put pink on)

It was a fun and relaxing weekend and I am so grateful that my sisters would take time out of their busy schedules to come down here and see us. Thanks guys! Love you! 

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... Love you! That was so fun! I'm stealing one of your pics for my profile pic :)

Chelsie said...

Oh I could cry for you. That sounds just divine!

Tonia said...

Beautiful women you all are!

Jana said...

Sisters really are the best!! Glad you had such a great time!!