Monday, August 23, 2010

Bithday Pumpkin Pie

Yesterday was Chet's birthday and it was great. The morning started off with me taking my sisters to the airport at 8:30 after an awesome weekend together (but that's another blog). That meant no sleeping in for Chet, so when I got back I sent him back to bed while the kids made cards and wrapped presents and I made pancakes for breakfast in bed. :) Since it was Chet's day he got to spend a lot of time doing what he loves most, sitting in the sweltering heat of the sun relaxing and reading. And while we don't make a habit of swimming on Sunday we did take a dip in the pool to cool off and play. After much sunning and swimming we came in for dinner. Chet requested Cafe Rio's sweet pork burritos and pumpkin pie. Yes, pumpkin pie. Chet loves pumpkin desserts more than anything. Almost every year since we have been married I have made him pumpkin pie for his birthday. So on Saturday night I sent him to the store to pick up what I needed to make him some pie. He had been gone a really long time when he called me and in a sad voice said that nobody had any canned pumpkin! He had been to 3 stores and nothing. Finally he asked someone about it and apparently there is a national shortage of pumpkin so they are all stockpiling it for the holidays! Luckily he tried one more store and found some. Yay! It was fabulous pie! 

I am so grateful that Chet was born! He is the most amazing husband, father and friend. Happy Birthday Hunny!!!

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

I don't know why but the finger in the pie is SO gross! Come on, I can see it on yor face you feel the same;). Happy birthday big brother. You are the bestest big brother a girl could have.

Lindsay said...

Yay! He finally got some pie!