Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rainbow Bright

We had another amazing storm last night that I just had to put on here. It started raining at about 4pm and was still raining when I fell asleep at about 11pm! It was insane! The storm was in a strip right over our house for a while. So it was raining down the middle and sunny on either side. It made the rain sparkle because of the sun reflecting off of it and the full double rainbow was the brightest and closest rainbow I have ever seen! It was beautiful! There was so much thunder and lightning it was almost constant and sometimes it was so close we could see the lightning strike the river and then the thunder would be so loud it was like an explosion! The weather here really is amazing. I love it!


The rainbow was so huge that we couldn't get a picture of the whole thing.



I zoomed in when it was at its brightest. You can even see the blue and purple!



Taking a video is the only way we could get the whole rainbow. Notice the sun on both sides and the almost constant rumbling of thunder. Eventually the storm covered the whole valley and the rainbow went away but we were able to enjoy it for almost 45 minutes. Soo cool!

3 comments:

Mel said...

So cool!! That storm was unreal!!! Getting Maddie to school was so fun because Northern flooded and got washed out. They had traffic stopped this morning still trying to clean up!!

Chelsie said...

Oh my goodness! I have never seen anything LIKE that! I'm so glad you got a video of it!

Lindsay said...

I love rain!