Thursday, December 25, 2008

Yule Blog

Christmas came to me and Chet at 3:30 this morning! Our poor son was whimpering in the hallway with a temperature of 104.2! We did all the standards to help bring the fever down,(Motrin, cooler jammies, blessing) but nothing helped. I finally made Chet call his doctor after an hour of no change. Dr. Knorr reassured us (mostly me) that everything was ok and that it was probably his ears again. (Harris is notorious for ear infections) I finally let Chet go sleep in Harris' room and put Harris in bed with me so I could monitor him. I eventually fell back to sleep around 6. At 7:01 Livvy came in and said "Let's go, let's go!" I sent her back to her room until Harris woke up. (poor girl) She was very understanding though and patiently waited until Harris went and got her at about 8. Harris was kind of a bump though. He sat on my lap most of the morning and only played with his toys for a minute. :( After the opening of gifts at home, we headed to the Robinson's. About 5 minutes after we got there Harris started throwing up. Lucky me caught most of it in my hands. We stayed for a bit and enjoyed watching them open the gifts we got for them, and their gifts to the kids. Before we left, Chet and Chet Sr. gave Harris a blessing to feel better and to be able to enjoy the rest of the day. We then headed to my sister Jann's house for prime rib. (It was an amazing dinner by they way. Thanks, Jann!) Harris sat for a while and then felt well enough to play. He even ate a little. Yay! All in all we had a great day! Great presents, great food, amazing family! Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas!


We thought we would share a short video of when the kids came down the stairs on Christmas morning, enjoy!
Note: at 1:43 in the video you have GOT to check out Harris' reaction to his toy dinosaur, it is hilarious!


4 comments:

Chelsie said...

Oh, that is so precious. Tyler and Caleb keep saying, "Wow, I want that for Christmas!.." My my, how the grass is greener...

Lindsay said...

Hee hee... "Did Spike the Dinosaur growl at you?"

Lindsay said...

Hahaha... Yule blog......... Just got that.

Tonia said...

Harris was so cute! I am glad you shared it with us! I am so sorry he was sick, that is rotten! Happy New Year!