Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Day of School


Today Harris started preschool at Learning Dynamics. I don't know how I feel about this. You see he is my baby, my last one, and if he is going to school I must be getting old! What am I going to do?! He will be gone 3 days a week for two and a half hours! I guess it will be good. I'll be able to do something without being interrupted by Harris wanting me to play with him. ("but I like to play with him", I say to myself.) I know that it will be a good break for him. Despite my efforts, he is growing up, and needs to have some extracurricular activities. So I will suck it up and watch him go.

Harris, however, was fine. He was a little shy, but his teacher took his hand and shooed us out the door. You should have seen his face when we got there to pick him up! It was priceless! Total relief that we were back. He said to us "my school is a long time, huh mommy?". I hope that he loves school like Olivia does. Loving to learn now will help him all through out his school years.

By-the-way, there aren't any pictures because Chet said it was weird to take pictures because he started school in the middle of the year. So I posted one of my favorite baby pictures of him.




3 comments:

Wendy said...

I love this picture! Tell your hubby never to miss a picture! You never know what you will get. Look at the one in this blog. Priceless! I am so glad he was ok with school. I know the time goes slowly till you pick him up. Just know there are lots of mommies that understand!

Lindsay said...

Oh boogy! I just hope he still likes me as he gets older!

Chelsie said...

Oh, that can be so sad! I remember sending Tyler and I didn't cry at first, it was like two weeks later something so small set me off and I realized it had been harder on me than I at first thought!