Saturday, December 20, 2008

2 in a row, Happy Birthday J-mo!

Well, well, 2 blog posts in a row for Chet...hot dog!

Anyway, I just wanted to post a short blog entry to wish my dear wife and friend, Jaime, a very happy birthday. I can't believe you are 29, I am sure this will be the first of many happy 29th birthdays!

I have seen this done in other blogs and thought I would copy. On Jaime's 29th birthday I thought I would share 29 things about my dear wife that you may (or may not) know.

Here it goes:

1. She is hilarious, especially when she doesn't mean to be. This one time she was trying to do her Severus Snape impression from the last Harry Potter movie. He says, "Obviously..." when it was mentioned that he didn't get the post of Professor of Defense against the Dark Arts, well Jaime was trying to do her impression of that voice and it came out unnaturally high-pitched. I thought it was hilarious, but reading this it doesn't sound quite so funny...

2. Sometimes she laughs so hard and uncontrollably that she starts bawling. Now, THAT is hilarious.

3. She has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. Some may even call them, "stumbling"...

4. She is a natural blonde...that has to have her hair colored to look it's natural color...

5. When we met she had a scrapbook of Keanu Reeves.

6. She also had a scrapbook of the Mazda Miata.

7. She is obsessed with Disneyland (most of you probably knew that one)

8. She loves Christmas (not too original, I know, but she really really does.)

9. She is an "animal person", meaning that she sometimes relates to animals easier than people.

10. She can be painfully shy.

11. She is an amazing homemaker.

12. She is a fantastic chef and cook. Almost every new recipe she has tried out on the family has been a success (the only real misfire would be the Polenta from last week...)

13. She is a big fan of high fashion and has greatly expanded my vocabulary with strange french and Italian designer names (Louboutin, Dior, Ferragamo etc.)

14. Her favorite Christmas movie is "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas", look it up it is awesome.

15. Her favorite Halloween movie is "The Great Bear Scare", look it up it is soooooo lame.

16. She is most scared of Michael Myers, not Mike Myers from SNL but the scary mask-dude from the Halloween movies. Every year I threaten to purchase a Michael Meyers costume and wake her in the middle of the night while wearing the costume and brandishing a knife and every year she threatens to leave me if I do that...

17. She has an awesome talent where she can somehow lift a cup of ice cream by biting the side of the cup and raising her head...ask her about it some time, it is quite impressive.

18. She loves socks and slippers.

19. She would wear pajamas all day if it were socially acceptable.

20. She does not sleep well at night.

21. She is addicted to Pepsi, not to caffeine, mind you, but to Pepsi. (I know this because I used to substitute her regular fountain Pepsi with the caffeine-free version and she would never notice and it would seem to satisfy whatever weird cola craving she would be having)

22. She is soooo accident prone. I now have to supervise her when she uses sharp objects in the kitchen.

23. She is an expert gift-wrapper. It is probably hereditary.

24. She used to think that being a bastard meant that you didn't have a mom.

25. She also used to think that the Calvin Klein cologne, CK One, was a "bi-sexual" cologne. (She meant unisex, but in reality she probably wasn't that far off...)

26. She is a great gift-giver. She cares more than anyone I know about what gifts she gives to others at birthdays and Christmas.

27. She thinks that Pittsburgh is a state.

28. She sometimes suffers from "short-term memory". I think that is just when she remembers things that just recently happened...

29. She is the most intelligent, caring and beautiful person I have every met and I am honored and privileged to call her my trophy wife.

Happy Birthday Jaime, I love you always and forever.

Chet M.


5 comments:

Chelsie said...

OH-So sweet! Happy Birthday Jaime!

Wendy said...

You said it all for us. She is the best!

Tonia said...

Happy Birthday my dear! I can't believe we are at 29! It seems like yesterday when we were trying ropes around our dolls necks and throwing them off your mom's deck, so we could "rescue them"! I hope it was a good one, and I apologize for not giving you a call, I was in bed with a migraine. I agree with your hubby, you are truly amazing!
Love ya!

Lindsay said...

Awww.... "Yoooouv'e got... the most STUMBLING bluuuuuuuue eyes I've ever seen..." :)

And she is totally a natural blonde! She just needs a little help making it look its best.

Chet forgot to mention how unnaturally alike Jaime and I sound.

She has a major girl-crush on Giada.

She loves really nice cars.

She can only snort if she laughs really hard because she has no tonsils, adnoids or a uvula.

Happy Birthday Jaim! I'm glad you're my sis.

Jana said...

Chet said it all very well! Happy Birthday! Love you girl!