Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Soccer Games

A soccer mom I am not! But I now have 2 kids that play the game and they love it. Friday night was Harris' first game. He was so excited! For his birthday (back in June) he got a really nice ball from his Auntie Lindsay and Uncle Jake. So he has had a lot of time to practice. I was so proud of him. He is usually very shy but he got right in there and gave it his all . He even had the ball a few times and once kicked it all they way down to the goal only to have it kicked in by another team member. He didn't mind though. He was just so proud of himself for getting it down there! My sweet baby boy is a great soccer player!



This is his game face. Can you see the focus? (Soooo cute!)
He loves his ball! He is taking it in for the coach to use.
Running for the ball with the coach cheering him on. (That girl was a beast! She made all the goals for the other team.)
Practicing with his team.





On Saturday Liv had her first game. She did awesome! She is a forward which means that she is always after the ball. (I think.) She got it several times and knocked a few people down to do it. :) Unfortunately they never scored. You see, their coach has never played soccer! So, he has no idea what he is doing. Fortunately one of the boy's mom played in high school and college, so at half time she went in and took over. (She is now the new assistant coach.) They did a ton better after that. Liv was in the whole game so by the time it was over she was exhausted! I think it will be good for her to build up endurance. She had a great time and hopefully with the new assistant coach they will make some goooooooooals. ;)



Here she is practicing before the game. She is right handed, but kicks with her left foot?


Kicking towards the goal.

I am so sad that this picture is fuzzy. Look at that face!!!

Yep, that is her in the front, in the yellow, in the thick of it with the boys!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Good for Harris for getting out there and forgetting about being shy! What a cutie!

And Liv. I love it. She is so beautiful but can she can get out there and play with the boys too! I love that picture of her. You can see the pure joy on her face! Stinkin" cute!

Lindsay said...

Awesome! I'm so excited to see them play this weekend.

Chelsie said...

I am so excited. They are awesome!

Jana said...

Oh I so wish the girls would play each other! That would be so much fun. Oh well! Hopefully I still see you sometime on the soccer field!