
Yesterday was Olivia's first day of school. Not just a new grade but a whole new school and curriculum! (For the A.L.L program.) I have to say that I was way more nervous than she was. She was so excited that she got up at 6:45! (School doesn't start until 9:15) We got ready and headed out the door. When we got to her school we had to figure out what we were doing! It was crazy! There are over a thousand students there right now because the new elementary isn't done yet. After we got it figured out we said our goodbyes and left. I was so nervous for her! New school, no friends, new routine..... Finally 3:30 rolled around and I went to get her. She was beaming from ear to ear! I was so relieved. She loved her teacher and made two new friends and actually got to do school work. I hope that the rest of the year goes as well!

And today was Harris' first day of school. I was dreading today! Most of last year was spent with him whimpering in class until we came and got him. Today was 180 degrees different from that. He was actually excited! He said "Mommy, you don't have to walk me to class. Just open the big door for me." What?! When we got there, however, he had changed his mind. When we got to his classroom he took his name tag off the door and hung up his bag on its hook and sat in his seat and waved goodbye. Yep, waved! I didn't get a hug or a kiss or anything! I suppose that it was a good thing that he was excited and not sad, even though my heart was breaking a little. When I got to the car I had to suppress my tears. Not that he was in school but that my baby is so grown up! I am so glad that he had such an awesome teacher last year that he was excited for this year. Lets hope it continues!
3 comments:
I am so glad both kids had a great experience on the first day! (Glad mom held it together til you got to the car!!!) You've got great kids, everyone will want to be their friend! Glad Liv is enjoying her new school and program!
I ditto the last comment, so true that you have great kids! I miss them! I'm glad the first day went well, how about the second? I miss you, too!
How cute! They'll do great this year though. Yay school!
Post a Comment