Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Draper Temple

Today we had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple open house. It was amazing. The beauty and the spirit that are inside are breathtaking! It was especially neat because we took Olivia and Harris. It was neat to walk hand-in-hand with them and explain what the different rooms were for. I was especially touched when I walked into the Bride's Room holding Olivia's hand. I had the feeling that I would be doing this again someday. (I hate to say that because she is my baby girl!) When we got to the Celestial Room I had a strange feeling come over me. I felt my moms presence. (she died almost 2 years ago from ARDS) It wasn't necessarily that she was there in that room, but that she was close and in a "similar" place. I was a bit hesitant to feel that spirit because, honestly, my faith has wavered since she died. The other feeling that I got was that she was "working". I don't know why I got that impression but I did. It made me smile.
I just want to say that I am grateful for the work that goes on in the Temple, because I know that the work that goes on there will ensure that I will get to see my mom again someday.



4 comments:

Tonia said...

What an incredible experience. I am glad you got to share it with your mom. Jaime, I know they are working, there is so much for them to do! Love Ya!

Chelsie said...

You are too neat. Thanks for sharing that.

Nikki said...

What a great experience. I am glad you shared it. We are going to the temple in the summer to do my brother and sisters work. I am excited for that day. I can't wait to take my kids through the Draper temple too.

Jana said...

Beautiful words from a beautiful lady!!