In June 2007 we had a family party at our house for Harris' birthday. The party had gone from inside to outside and some of the fam, including Olivia, decided to play some baseball. It was all fun and games until someone got hurt. That someone was Olivia. She was standing a little too close to cousin Trev and got whacked in the cheek by the baseball bat. At first we thought that she just got a good bump and bruise. It wasn't until a couple weeks later that we learned the extent of what happened. At first she just complained about a toothache. I didn't pay much attention to it because the pain just came and went. I thought that it was still hurting from the bump. A couple days later she woke up one morning and the whole left side of her face was swollen. So swollen that her eye was closed. I immediately called her doctor, Dr. Knorr. When we got to the doctors office he told me that she must have an abscessed tooth and I needed to take her to the dentist. Dr. Knorr called the dentist and they fit us in. When we got to the dentist they took a whole bunch of x-rays. When the dentist came into the room he asked us if Olivia had been hit in the face. We were like "no" and Liv was like "yes I was! Remember when Trevor hit me with the baseball bat?" What had happened was the bat had hit her so hard that it broke the roots of her tooth which in turn got infected. The infection spread through her face and had gotten so bad that she had to have antibiotic shots for a week! After the infection was gone they had to remove the tooth and put a retainer in so the teeth wouldn't move together. The dentist said that it would take about 5 years for the tooth to grow in. The other day however Livvy couldn't get the piece of "food" out of her retainer. So she asked me to help. To make a long story short it was a tooth, so I called the dentist, and today she got it taken out. The dentist told me that now I need to call an orthodontist so they can get started making room for molars and braces!
3 comments:
Wow! I am glad she was okay. Thank goodness for the marvels of technology!
Yeah Livvie! I am so glad everything worked out okay!
Remind me never to open my mouth wide in front of you....I don't want to know what the inside of my mouth looks like!! Lol! So glad for Liv that all is well. Braces though- not much fun but you do what you have to do!!
Post a Comment