Two years ago today my mom passed away. I have had many emotions today; anger, sorrow, heartache, devastation, thoughtfulness, etc... However I don't want to focus on the negative. Although I am very sad today, I am also thankful. Yes, thankful. I am thankful for the 27 years of love and friendship and knowledge that she gave to me. She was the best mom and friend anyone could have asked for. I am grateful for the time that I did get with her. I have wonderful memories of a woman who still inspires me everyday. Thanks for everything Mom! Forever, forever!I am also thankful for the 2 best sisters in the world! I know that I can call on them for anything and that they will be there for me no matter what! Thanks Jann and Linz! I love you guys.
I am thankful for good friends. For the good times I am able to have with them. (even if they are not a frequent as I would like.)Thanks for all the thoughts, notes and phone calls today they lifted my spirits!
I am also thankful for my loving husband, Chet. I don't know if I could have survived the last 2 years without him. He has been my rock, even when it meant putting his own grief aside. I am so blessed to have my best friend as my eternal companion. Always and forever Honnuh!
Most importantly I am thankful for the Savior. I know that through him I will get to see my mom again one day.
5 comments:
Jaime, you are such a sweetheart. As much as I miss her, it just makes me so much sadder to see you and Liv hurt.
You are right, though, we should focus on the positive. We have some great memories of our time together and we do have the knowledge that we will be together again someday.
I love you!
I too am grateful for Lisa. She gave us Jaime who gave us Liv and Harris. She was such a great example to me. I am sorry that she is not here for you Jaime. But I am grateful for the time she was here. We love you!!!
You guys make me cry... and wish I were nearer. I love you Jaime. I'm so glad you write! I wouldn't know anything about you like I do now! It makes me love you and hold you dearer. Always a good thing.
Love you Jaim!
I feel like the biggest jerk right now! I am so sorry I missed calling you last week. Darn pregnancy brain (lame excuse I know!). Will you forgive me?
You always express your love for your mom so beautifully. I wish I had been able to meet her more than just in passing. She must have been amazing because she raised an amazing daughter!
Post a Comment