Tonight I was so excited to go to the "River of Lights" at the Botanic Garden and use my new Canon camera that is supposed to take great "night" pictures. I was sadly disappointed when I got home and looked at the pictures. Every single one that was taken on the "night" setting was blurry which was exactly what is says it won't do! :( The camera is definitely going back to Best Buy tomorrow.
Anyway... The "River of Dreams" is a festival of lights that the New Mexico BioPark Society does every year as one of their fundraisers. There are millions of glowing, sparkling lights and over 140 dazzling light displays and animated sculptures. (Heehee, can you tell that I copied that last sentence from their website.)
Anyway... The "River of Dreams" is a festival of lights that the New Mexico BioPark Society does every year as one of their fundraisers. There are millions of glowing, sparkling lights and over 140 dazzling light displays and animated sculptures. (Heehee, can you tell that I copied that last sentence from their website.)
If you have read any of my other blog posts on the Botanic Garden, then you might recognize this picture spot. It is the bamboo maze inside the castle. It was so cool!
The sculptures were so fun. There was a whole section of New Mexican themed sculptures. Like this cactus and scorpion.
This Yucca, the New Mexico state flower, was about 10 feet tall.
Even fake this thing gives me the heebie jeebies!
This is a beehive with flowers and animated bees that were flying around it. I guess Harris liked this one because he asked for his picture in front of it.
Who needs "World of Color" when you have the pond at the New Mexico Botanic Garden. ;)
This was the coolest of the animated displays. The shark is my favorite.
We probably could have stayed for another hour or two but we decided to call it a night and head home. We had a great time and look forward to next time.
3 comments:
I have to say, the more you post about NM, the more I like it. I never thought I would like living there. But there are so many awesome things, that we just don't get here! Cute kids as usual!
That place is beautiful! Looks like so much fun!!
That looks way cool! I'm glad both you and Liv were well enough to go :)
Post a Comment