|
| The Hollywood Studios icon is the sorcerers hat. There was a big concert stage set up in front of it so we had to take our picture from the side. |
Hollywood Studios was very California Adventureish. That's where Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster are. Neither are my favorite rides but Chet and the kids love them so while they did those rides I did some shopping. Those are really the only two rides besides Toy Story Mania (which was a 2 hour wait!) so we spent most of our time there looking for characters.
 |
| Bad pic but that's Chet, Liv and Harris on Tower of Terror. |
Chet and I were going over the character meet and greet schedule and saw that you could meet Lotso from Toy Story 3, who is Livs favorite character. We didn't tell her who we were going to see and just rushed over to meet him. She was pretty excited when we walked into the room and he was there.
 |
| He even smelled like Strawberries! |
We also got to meet several other new characters at Hollywood Studios like...
 |
| Frozone |
And...
 |
| Sorcerer Mickey. New to Harris but the rest of us met him the first time we took Liv. |
And...
 |
| Mike Wazowski |
When we were done meeting characters we had dinner reservations at Mama Rosa's for some Italian food and then reserved seating for Fantasmic! Dinner was good but it took almost 2 hours! Way too long in my opinion. When we were finally done with dinner we got our tickets for Fantasmic and headed to the other side of the park where they have an open air theater just for the show. This was so much better than standing around for hours at the Rivers of America at Disneyland waiting for the show to start.
When it was time for the show to start we went to the area we were told and were led behind a gate that took us to the back and outside perimeter of the park. It was soo cool! I love it when we get to see a place that not everyone gets to see. :)
 |
| All alone behind the park. Awesome!!! |
The show is a lot different than the one at Disneyland. I would say that overall it was much better, although there is a really long segment dedicated to Pocahontas that I just didn't understand. I mean who even liked that movie?
(Please excuse the blurry pics. The camera had a hard time focusing beyond the mist from the water screens.)
 |
| The Pocahontas part. The kids were like what is this?! |
 |
| The Villains part was cool because besides the Maleficent Dragon they had Jafar the snake. |
Harris knew what was coming after Jafar and was not to thrilled about it. Not may things scare Harris but bears and the Maleficent Dragon do. We had to do lots of persuading and reassuring to convince him to go. One thing that we have told him more than once is that Little Buddy will protect him. So when the time came he was ready...
 |
| I am pretty sure that this is the cutest picture EVER! |
 |
| Pretty scary but not as scary as the one at Disneyland. |
When the show was over we walked over to the Streets of America to see the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. There are about 5 million lights that "dance" to music every 10 minutes. We were there in between shows which I was just fine with. I liked seeing them all on at the same time.
 |
| This was the first night it started getting cold. |
 |
| There was a huge line for pictures in front of this tree so we just took a pic of the tree without us standing in front of it. |
While it wasn't my favorite park we still had a great time looking for characters and seeing Fantasmic!
2 comments:
Loved catching up on all the Disney posts!
I'm glad but I'm not done yet. I still have 4 more days to post about!!
Post a Comment