Wednesday, September 15, 2010

On The List

So I am adding a new creepy crawly to the list I now have of New Mexican bugs that I hate. It's this guy...

It's called a tiger striped centipede or the common desert centipede.

We have seen these around outside the house lately and they FREAK me out. Mainly because they are the biggest bugs that I have ever seen outside a museum! I mean look at that sucker!!! That one was at the bottom of the pool. Chet was working on the filters and I wasn't in my swim suit so brave little Liv got the net and got it out. We put it in a baggie and she took it to school the next day to show her class. They thought it was pretty cool.

This morning I went out front to let the dog and cat out and found one trying to get in the house. Fortunately he didn't make it very far because we have some serious bug poison sprayed around the house to keep the roaches out. So here he is writhing in pain, dying...



I do feel bad that he died because I don't think it is necessary to kill them unless they are going to kill me but I didn't find him until he had gotten to the poison. On the plus side, the poison is keeping the bugs out. Yay!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh!!! I would die! That thing is huge!!!!!!! Yuck!!!!

Mel said...

ewwww!! So glad haven't had anything like that...yet..

Chelsie said...

So gross Jaime. Ew. I am so going to have bad dreams about this one!

Tonia said...

I could not even finish watching it! You are brave my dear!

Lindsay said...

EWWW!!!!!!! GROSS!!!!!!!!!