The Saturday after Livs birthday we decided to do something to take a break from unpacking and furniture shopping. Chet and I decided that the zoo would be a good place to go since the weather was beautiful and the kids could run around. I can honestly say that it was the best experience at a zoo that I have ever had! The zoo isn't very big but they have a ton of animals and they were all super active! (at least while we were there) Like most zoos it is laid out with similar animals from similar places grouped together down pathways that all connect together. The path that we took first lead us to see the orangutans. There is a baby orangutan that was born last July named Reese that was the most adorable thing I have ever seen and he knew it! He was totally putting on a show for everyone climbing around and swinging from the trees. At one point he fell and bonked his head and his mom came over and picked him up and hugged him! It was amazing to see her react to him getting hurt. We continued along the path to the other animals and came upon the Jaguars. There was one that was all black and was walking up and down the fence line purring! It was sooo cute. I wish they weren't wild animals because I would totally have one as a pet. :) We kept walking and came to the area where you can ride camels! (I remember doing that at the Hogle Zoo when I was little.) Liv saw it and looked at me and said "NO WAY! What if I fall off?!" Maybe next time I'll bribe her into doing it. ;) We continued wandering around looking at the animals when we heard this really loud roaring. I thought that it was just sounds that the zoo was playing over the speakers for fun, but no. When we eventually made it to the Lions there was this big ol' male lion standing on the top of this big rock roaring! It was so loud you could hear it throughout the whole zoo! Harris was scared and mesmerized at the same time! It was awesome! We all had a great time and the kids have been asking to go back ever since! I guess a season pass is in order.
We forgot our camera but we did get this little video of the lion with Chet's phone. We will go again and get more pics and better videos.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, that lion was SO loud! I am happy that you enjoy your zoo. Season pass for sure then! I am so happy you are blogging again, with your two you are already passing me up as far as the family blog goes.
So awesome! Did they really let people ride the camels at our zoo? The lion is amazing! Good to see you guys are doing good!
Post a Comment