Friday, February 19, 2010

Friends

A couple of weeks ago Olivia and I were talking about moving and about having to make new friends. She said to me "Mom, I wish we didn't have to move. I've never had a best friend like MaCall and Abby J. I love them." :( I replied "Just think though, if you hadn't changed schools you never would have met them. So think of the friends you are going to meet in New Mexico." "I guess." She said. She was also saying how sad she was that we were leaving just before her birthday. I was going to try an squeeze a party in for her but we will be living in a hotel next weekend and I just didn't think it would work out. (which I was feeling totally guilty about) Well, on Wednesday I got a call from Abby J's mom and she told me that Abby J and MaCall wanted to throw her a surprise birthday/goodbye party. (I don't think I ever had friends that would have done that for me.) I was so happy that they would do that for her that I was teary! Tonight was the party and they had a great time! When Liv got there Abby's mom answered the door was like Olivia what are you doing here? Liv was a little confused since MaCall and Abby J couldn't keep it a secret and were telling her all about it at school today. But then the girls jumped out and said surprise. Liv was so excited! They had a great night of watching "The Sound of Music", jump roping, giving each other pedicures and eating lots of snacks. I am so glad that she made such good friends and hope that she does the same in New Mexico.


The poster they greeted her with.


Her birthday caramel popcorn.

Best friends MaCall and Olivia.

Best Buddies Abby J and Olivia.

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

Cute and wonderful!!!