Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Paramore concert with Liv

So, last night Liv and I went to the Paramore concert at the Ecenter in West Valley (yes, we wore bullet proof vests...). Some people might tell you it was the No Doubt concert, but for me and Liv it was all about Paramore.
It was cool to be able to provide Liv with her first Rock and Roll experience (Jaime taking her to see Hannah Montana last year does not count!). It is both weird and gratifying that Liv's musical tastes are gravitating toward mine (as opposed to Jaime's, it would be hard to say what her tastes are exactly). Most kids Liv's age are into the whole tween scene of Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus (maybe even Taylor Swift, who falls into that same category to me) but Liv is into Paramore (she doesn't mind The Killers or Pearl Jam either). Last week Liv's class did their annual show-and-tell, Liv brought her karate sparring gear and my autographed bandanna from Paramore. There wasn't a single kid in her class that knew who Paramore was! In a way I guess I am glad that one of my favorite bands isn't especially popular amongst the 2nd grade crowd...
Which brings me to another point, Paramore is in fact one of my very favorite bands. Big props to Jeff Big Poppa Johnson for cluing me into them a couple years ago. And just for the record, I have never been shy about my goth girl tendencies (other favorite bands include Garbage and Evanescence) and I am not ashamed of how girly it sounds to say that I love Paramore. So, how was the show you ask? Way too short! But so awesome! Paramore was only on stage for an hour (so some OTHER band could take the stage...whatever) but they did perform my favorite song, Let the Flames Begin, and they also performed 2 brand new songs! Worth the price of admission right there. Alright, on to pics and vids...




This is Hayley, there is something about female lead singers of rock bands...


Check out the hair!



So intense!

Sweet video of "Decode", to close the set. Watch for Liv cheering near the end of the vid.

Anyway, that's it. We had a great time and look forward to our next concert!

4 comments:

Chelsie said...

Don't you just WISH Jaime would die her hair some rock chick color???

Looks like you had fun. Loved the look Liv gave you when you turned the camera on her. SO cute.

Wendy said...

I am so glad you had a good time. I thought I heard you at the end of the video. Liv is so cute! Love Ya!

Kenley said...

I love The Paramore. They are more awesomer than anyone else.

BTW, I think they are more of an Emo persuasion. Goth, not so much. So you're branching out from the Goth phase and including a little teenage angst in there. Good for you!

Ashley Mullen said...

Looks liek you guys had a blast. How fun. Holy crap does Olivia look so grown up. WE have only been gone from EM since September, but she looks so much older. Beautiful too.