Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A.L.L.

Olivia has always loved to learn. She eats it up! When she started elementary school we worried that she would get bored with school because she had already had 2 full years of preschool at Challenger. We were given the option to have her skip kindergarten but we didn't feel that she was socially ready for that. So we just supplemented her at home with workbooks and things like that. She has done well and is always at the top of her class and so far hasn't gotten bored. In January, however, her teacher sent home a paper that said that Olivia should be tested for the advanced 3rd grade program called the Accelerated Learning Lab or A.L.L.. So we signed her up. She took her test back in February and Friday we got the results. SHE'S IN! This is a huge accomplishment because they only chose 27 kids from 3 cities! She will now go to a different elementary school (Saratoga Shores) in a different city (Saratoga Springs). I will have to drive back and forth 4 times a day! It's a small price to pay for her education though. We are so proud of her! Way to go Liv we love you!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Congrats Olivia! Hidden Hollow is starting the A.L.L program next year but I believe it will be for 4-6th graders. Bummer! Wouldn't it have been fun for the girls to go to the same school again?!

Sorry I have been a bum and not called this week. My boys have colds, I don't feel great and we have had a lot come up. I really want to get together to chat about Disneyland. How is your week next week?