
So, today would have been my mom's 53 birthday. It was a melancholy day. In honor of our birthday lunch tradition, my dad, sisters and I all went to lunch at the Red Lobster, one of my mom's fave places. When our waiter came to get our orders, he asked what the special occasion was. We all sat there in an awkward moment of silence before I told him, then he had his awkward moment not knowing what to say to that. It was a nice but weird lunch. She should have been there with us.
My good friend Jana gave me a framed quote that says "If I had a flower for each time I thought of my mother, I could walk in my garden forever." Not all of you knew my mom so to remember her on her birthday I wanted to share some thoughts of her:
She was beautiful
She was an amazing listener, and would listen with genuine interest
She had more friends than anyone I know
She had a green thumb, she won yard of the week 3 years in a row
She was the fastest walker on the planet, none of us could ever keep up with her
She was an efficiency expert "if you are going up take something up if you are going down take something down"
She was FFA queen
My good friend Jana gave me a framed quote that says "If I had a flower for each time I thought of my mother, I could walk in my garden forever." Not all of you knew my mom so to remember her on her birthday I wanted to share some thoughts of her:
She was beautiful
She was an amazing listener, and would listen with genuine interest
She had more friends than anyone I know
She had a green thumb, she won yard of the week 3 years in a row
She was the fastest walker on the planet, none of us could ever keep up with her
She was an efficiency expert "if you are going up take something up if you are going down take something down"
She was FFA queen
She loved to get her nails done, OPI Bogota Blackberry was her favorite nail polish color
She never had her cell phone with her
She loved animals, and had good animal aura
She loved animals, and had good animal aura
She loved to go on criuses, Alaska was her favorite
We always knew when she had a migraine because she would do "the eyebrow thing"
She was always "on the up and up"
She loved to make up useful sayings
We always knew when she had a migraine because she would do "the eyebrow thing"
She was always "on the up and up"
She loved to make up useful sayings
She loved jammy time
She always gave the best gifts
Her house was decorated with grapes
She was obsessed with Africa and always wanted to go on a safari
She thought she was a doctor in a former life and would often prescribe "cocktails"
She was fascinated by forensics
She loved Ralph Lauren clothing
She always and only wore Eternity perfume, every time I smell it I cry
She always stood when she ate
She could eat her body weight in lime sherbet (all 100 pounds of her)
She was a hard worker, she managed Musicland and Sam Goody in the mall for 25 years
She knew anything an everything about all kinds of music
Elton John and any smooth jazz were her favorite
Even though she worked full time she still made me breakfast every morning
She was an immaculate cleaner, her house was always spotless
She loved Pepsi, I have a picture of me with a bottle filled with the stuff
Her favorite breakfast was a can of Pepsi and a bowl of dry Shredded Wheat
She loved to eat ice but she had to let it "breathe" first
She would put a bag inside her garbage bag
She broke several teeth eating sour candy (another fave)
She was an amazing chef and always cooked like there were 500 people coming over
Her grandkids were her world! I know that Olivia loved her more than me...
Most of all she was my best friend! I miss her everyday and hope she knows that I love her "forever, forever".
Happy Birthday Mommy! I love you!!!
She always gave the best gifts
Her house was decorated with grapes
She was obsessed with Africa and always wanted to go on a safari
She thought she was a doctor in a former life and would often prescribe "cocktails"
She was fascinated by forensics
She loved Ralph Lauren clothing
She always and only wore Eternity perfume, every time I smell it I cry
She always stood when she ate
She could eat her body weight in lime sherbet (all 100 pounds of her)
She was a hard worker, she managed Musicland and Sam Goody in the mall for 25 years
She knew anything an everything about all kinds of music
Elton John and any smooth jazz were her favorite
Even though she worked full time she still made me breakfast every morning
She was an immaculate cleaner, her house was always spotless
She loved Pepsi, I have a picture of me with a bottle filled with the stuff
Her favorite breakfast was a can of Pepsi and a bowl of dry Shredded Wheat
She loved to eat ice but she had to let it "breathe" first
She would put a bag inside her garbage bag
She broke several teeth eating sour candy (another fave)
She was an amazing chef and always cooked like there were 500 people coming over
Her grandkids were her world! I know that Olivia loved her more than me...
Most of all she was my best friend! I miss her everyday and hope she knows that I love her "forever, forever".
Happy Birthday Mommy! I love you!!!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Lisa. I miss your mom. I have so many fond memories of her. She was one incredible woman. I think to how we would ride our bikes to Musicland and she would let you work the register and I would watch you. She always had a smile and a kind word to say. She was one of the most elegant ladies I ever met. I am sorry she isn't here with you anymore.
What a beautiful post! I only met your mom a couple of times but she was so sweet and beautiful! Thanks for sharing some of her with us!!
Love you Jaime!
Jaime,
I remember your mom, she was so beautiful and elegant - those words describe her to a T. The flower quote you have is perfect! This was a great post - I feel like I got to know her a little more. I'm sorry she isn't here with you anymore.
Post a Comment