Saturday, April 23, 2011

T-Ball Time

This is Harris' first year of T-Ball.  Harris has always shown some good baseball tendencies (good hand/eye coordination, arm strength etc.) and we had some friends in the Ward that also have a 5 year old boy indicate some interest in getting the 2 boys on the same team so we did a little research and finally figured out how to get Harris signed up for some organized sports here in the ABQ (it seemed much more straightforward in Utah).

When I was a child I attempted to play little league baseball and was so terrible, soooo terrible.  I try my best not to transpose my feelings of baseball inadequacy onto my poor son but I think he will do very well despite me :).  (to be fair, my own father went to the Little League World Series and has serious baseball skills).

Already, it's been a ton of fun to watch him.  On to the pictures! I decided to go with captions that would be typical of what I may have been yelling at him from the bleachers (in parenthesis will be my internal monologue and afterthoughts).  This should be good.

Go get 'em, son!  Grrr.... (he is so cute!)

Nice swagger son!  (I love the hand on hip action here.  So funny!)

Run Harris!  Go!  

Catch the ball son!  Nicely done! 

Nice focus son! (this might be a good photo for his baseball card)

Nice swing!  (we've actually done quite a bit of work with him on his swing.  His last couple times at bat had him hitting it all the way to the outfield) 

Keep going! (he is so fast that I almost missed the shot!)

Run home! (you need to zoom in to see the look on his face, pure joy, priceless!)


That's it for now.  I love seeing him enjoy playing sports and will continue to update as the season progresses.

Chet is out, peace!

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

So incredibly sweet! I Kobe the post about Olivia's bday too!