Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

While it was hard being away from family we had a great Easter. The weather was so warm that we were able to have our Easter Egg hunt outside for the very first time! The kids loved it! I was a little worried about hiding the eggs in the orchard because we have Roadrunners that live there and they are carnivorous. We avoided that problem by hiding the eggs while the kids were getting their Easter clothes on. Since it was Easter and Conference Sunday the kids got a more dressy and a less dressy outfit. I had them wear the less dressy outfit for the egg hunt. Aren't they darling?!


Looking for the eggs with the help of Disney. ;)


Harris finding his first egg and possibly a lizard. There are lizards living all over in the railroad ties.


Liv was the lucky one who found the egg hidden in the cactus palm. Yes she managed to get it out unharmed.


My mom used to make something called "sunshine eggs" every Easter with the eggs that we had found. Since I got married I have made them as well. Harris heard me talking about making them and said that he wanted to help. Well, he went and got his eggs and was putting them in the sunshine on the windowsill and then said "look Mom I made the 'sunshine eggs'". How cute is that...


It was a wonderful day of sunshine, fun and the spirit.

2 comments:

Jana said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I miss you!! I need to call you so we can chat. Sorry I have been a dork and haven't yet. Someday I will have a healthy baby and then maybe the days will seem manageable. Love you!!

Chelsie said...

I am wondering how I missed this post!? Your pictures are SOOOO lovely and it sounds like you had a nice family day. I loved the sunshine eggs as well, too cute;)