Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Huntress

Last night, Chet and I were sitting on the couch when our cat, Tiffany, came skulking into the family room. When she turned around and faced me I noticed that she had a mouse in her mouth! I decided the best course of action was to pick up the cat and put her back outside thinking that she would hang on to her catch. (at this point you have to imagine me running around and screaming like a little girl, it makes the story funnier.) Bad idea! She dropped the mouse, which ran across the family room, I in turn dropped the cat freaking out about a mouse loose in my house. The cat then ran across the room and caught the mouse again and then dashed up the stairs. Thinking "crap!" I grabbed the cat halfway up the stairs and of course she dropped the mouse again! The mouse started to climb the stairs and I'm freaking out that he is going to get lost in one of the bedrooms all the while I'm trying to keep the cat from getting the mouse again. So, here I am with the cat in one hand and trying to catch the mouse before it makes it all the way up. (I should mention that Chet is sitting on the couch with his foot elevated and iced from a terrible sprain from basketball earlier in the night) I yell at Chet to get me something to trap the mouse and he can't walk! Every time the mouse moves I scream afraid that it is going to "get me" or run up the stairs. Finally Chet hobbles into the kitchen and get a glass and tosses it to me on the stairs. I trapped the mouse in the glass and thought "ahh hes kinda cute now that he's not loose in my house" but hes gotta go! So I carried the mouse in the glass down the street (yeah it's like midnight at this point) to a field and let him go. What a night!

5 comments:

Chelsie said...

Ummm... OH MY GOODNESS YOU ARE SO BRAVE!!!!

Tonia said...

I hate mice! We had three in our house in Jan. I think I brought them in with the wood for the fireplace. It took us a month to get all of them. DISGUSTING!!!!! We need to plan lunch!!!!

Wendy said...

I scream and dance also! I would have loved to be there! I would have been on the couch or out the door! Funny, Funny Jaime!

Jana said...

That is funny! I totally wish I could have witnessed the excitement and the screaming!!

Lindsay said...

Hahaha! Poor little mouse tryin' to climb up the stairs. He's probably like, "What the heck are these?!?!"